Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Day 14 ~ “I Wish, but I Am” Poem for “30 Poems in 30 Days” #NationalPoetryMonth

 

I Wish, but I Am ~ so, tell us your deepest thoughts or just be silly if  you please. You can even fill in the blanks any way you wish. You’re in charge. These lines are just to get you started. This one is so fun and easy that you can write several of them. Or change the beginning words to those that work for you (concentrate on words of feeling and being for the beginning of each line). 

Here we go:

Line 1: I wish 

Line 2: Like 

Line 3: And I dream

Line 4: I am

Line 5: I used to

Line 6: But now I

Line 7: I seem to

Line 8: But I'm really


So here’s a silly one I wrote a few years ago and a new, more serious one I wrote just now (I put the beginning phrases in blue in my examples so you can see how it goes):













Celery and Chocolate
I wish chocolate had zero calories
Like this celery stick in my hand
I am deluding myself it would seem
I seem to be getting control of my food
But I'm really just full of whip cream
And I dream of mouthfuls of ice cream
I used to eat whatever I wanted
But now I eat things that are green

                                © 2015 Stephanie Abney



Wishful Thinking
I wish everyone would get along,            
Like the Lord has taught us to do.
And I dream of a world full of smiling faces,
I am an eternal optimist.
I used to think being happy was easy,
But now too many people act discouraged.
I seem to be seeking the impossible,
But I'm really just longing for home.
 
        © 2021 Stephanie Abney

 

PLEASE REMEMBER ~ any poetry found on this blog, written by me, is my personal property and may not be used without my permission, other than sharing it as an example in a lesson or to read it to someone. The same goes for any poems that are shared in the comments of this blog or elsewhere online as a result of this challenge. They are the creative property of the person who writes them. These poems are their original work and no one may use them without their permission. It is understood that they own the copyright to them as soon as they post them. Thanks so much!

Also, if you choose to post your poems on your own blog ~ that’s awesome. But PLEASE don’t just copy and paste my daily instructions, but rather post your poem on your blog or your FB wall or wherever AND LINK BACK TO THIS BLOG POST for others to come here to read the instructions. I’ve spent considerable time researching the poetry forms and writing them up to share with you. Thanks for respecting my work.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Day 14-I Wish, But I Am Poem

I wish I could sing more
Like when in our singing group from our teen years
And I dream of singing together again
I am missing those days long ago
We used to have so much fun
But now we live far from the others
I’m glad I can still sing with my husband’s guitar playing
But now, I’d love a chance to be “Morning Sunshine” once more.

Heidi L. Murphy said...

Here are my two:
https://murph4slaw.blogspot.com/2021/04/national-poetry-month-day-14th-i-wish.html