Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Day 13 ~ “Tricube Poem” for “30 Poems in 30 Days” #NationalPoetryMonth


Well, I’m always on the lookout for poetry forms that are new, even to me. I happened across this one last year and it was so fun that I'm going to share it again, on Day 13, using all the same examples, etc. 

Let’s see what you've got this year, especially our newbies.

Give it a try!! Oh my!!

It’s called a TRICUBE and the premise is 3 + 3 + 3 =

Three stanzas

Three lines each

Three syllables per line

RHYMING DOES NOT MATTER . . . but watching your syllables does!! So COUNT THEM OUT!! Three syllables per line!

 



   

How hard can that be? You might be surprised. Here are a few I came up with but I’m expecting better offerings from all of you! Cheers!!

 


A new day
Rising sun
Hope eternal

 

List of chores
I’ll get done
Later on
 
Nightfall comes
Chores not done
Not surprised
 

~~~~~~~

 
Baby boy
Toothless grin
Wants grandma

 

Hug my boy
Here’s a toy
What a joy
 
Baby boy
Cries nonstop
Go see mom

 

~~~~~~~

 
My kitten
Heart smitten
‘Til bitten

 











Mean ol’ cat
What a brat
None of that
 
Sad kitty
Not guilty
Still picky

 

For what they are worth – all of these silly little examples are nevertheless, copyrighted by me:                                                 

        © 2020 Stephanie Abney

 

PLEASE REMEMBER ~ any poetry found on this blog, written by me, is my personal property and may not be used without my permission, other than sharing it as an example in a lesson or to read it to someone. The same goes for any poems that are shared in the comments of this blog or elsewhere online as a result of this challenge. They are the creative property of the person who writes them. These poems are their original work and no one may use them without their permission. It is understood that they own the copyright to them as soon as they post them. Thanks so much!

Also, if you choose to post your poems on your own blog ~ that’s awesome. But PLEASE don’t just copy and paste my daily instructions, but rather post your poem on your blog or your FB wall or wherever AND LINK BACK TO THIS BLOG POST for others to come here to read the instructions. I’ve spent considerable time researching the poetry forms and writing them up to share with you. Thanks for respecting my work.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Day 13-Tricube Poem

Chocolate
Hot or cold
Fills me up

Morning time
Ev’ry day
Make a cup

Whipping cream
Is supreme
Drink it up

Connie Cockrell said...

Oh my gosh. I got on a roll and wrote a whole story. Not to worry, it's in stanzas so I could stick with the 3 lines, 3 stanza format. And, because I'm an overachiever, made them rhyme.

Writing

Writing now
Holy cow
It’s a plow

Need a plan
Could be man
On the lam?

Get words down
Will he drown
Get a crown?

Make him stressed
Flee the nest
Go out west.

Make him rest
Beat his chest
Find a guest

It’s a girl
Her hair curls
Her skirt swirls

Now they run
Get a gun
They’re undone

Bad guys win?
His chagrin
Her straight pin

See them win
They begin
Next of kin

Heidi L. Murphy said...

My tricubes!
https://murph4slaw.blogspot.com/2021/04/national-poetry-month-day-unlucky.html

Marsha Ward said...

My Tricube Poem:

How to write
Tricube poem
Thinking hard

Walking fast
Down the road
Helps me write

Writing out
All the words
Finished now