Wednesday, April 9, 2014

DAY NINE!! "Grammar Poem" for "30 Poems in 30 Days" #NationalPoetryMonth



DAY NINE ~ Grammar Poem
This type of poem reinforces different aspects of grammar and is five lines long.

Directions:
Line 1. Write a noun for the subject
Line 2. Write two adjectives joined by and to describe this noun
Line 3. Write a verb and an adverb to describe this noun in action
Line 4. Start it with like or as followed by a comparison
Line 5. Start it with if only followed by a wish

Remember: Most adverbs tell you how, where, or when something is done. In other words, they describe the manner, place, or time of an action.

Example:
My golden retriever
Loving and loyal
Running to greet me
Like the best friend you could imagine
If only he would live forever.

                            © 05/05 H. Renz


Some of my “grammar poems”

Writer's block
Infuriating and debilitating
Slowing me down temporarily
Like grease clogging up a drain
If only I had a very large plunger!
                © 2014 Stephanie Abney



My Savior, Jesus Christ
Flawless and loving
Atoning selflessly
Like the perfect son of God
If only I can be found worthy
            © 2011 Stephanie Abney


 

My kitty
Entertaining and curious
Laying on my keyboard lazily
Like the Queen of Sheba
If only she would nap someplace else
            © 2014 Stephanie Abney
 




OKAY - YOUR TURN!! Feel free to share your poems in the comments section or at least let us know that you wrote one and have recorded it somewhere. :) Cheers!!

5 comments:

Tanya Parker Mills said...

Paper
White and clean
Waiting to be marked with story
Like so many other authors' pages all over the world
If only it could inscribe itself.

Unknown said...

Blogging
Pain and Joy
Challenging to keep going
Like any new habit
If only someone would follow.

Stephanie Abney said...

These are both great!! We writers can totally understand the angst felt in each of these poems. Oh my. Nicely done!!

Vicki said...

Books I read
Paper and digital
Keep me reading happily
Like living another life
If only I could do it all

Stephanie Abney said...

Glad you have been catching up on all the days, Vicki - you write such nice poems. Cheers!!