Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Day 13 ~ "What If . . . I Might"

 

This is a poem that will get you thinking of many possibilities; some thoughtful, others silly, some adventurous, or even fanciful. Let your imagination go or reach deep into your heart. 

 

Fill in the blanks any way you want – no need to worry about word or syllable count, no worries about rhyming, etc. Changing the words you can create dozens of poems.

 

Line #1:  What if ____________________________
Line #2:  I might ____________________________


(leave a space between lines 2 & 3)
 

Line #3:  What if ____________________________
Line #4:  I could _____________________________


(leave a space between lines 4 & 5)


Line #5:  What if ____________________________
Line #6:  I would_____________________________


(leave a space between lines 6 & 7)
 

Line #7:  Ask a question.

 

 

Have fun!!




HERE ARE MY EXAMPLES - for what they're worth :)

At first, I was planning to write new ones for this year, but the evening got away from me and now it's Wednesday (wee hours of the morning) already and I need to post this. Besides, these (from a few years ago) are not half-bad. I’m anxious to see what you come up with though!! Cheers!!

The first one is silly: 

What if I danced in the rain?
I might get a little bit wet.


What if I sang at the top of my lungs?
I could land a singing contract, I bet.

What if I went back inside and sat down?
I would never know what I might do.

I wonder, would you be so bold, if it were you?

                     © 2011 Stephanie Abney

 











This one is more serious:

 
What if I listened very carefully to the spirit?
I might be surprised at what I hear.
 
What if the Lord has plans I'm not ready for?
I could try to pretend I didn't hear them.
 
What if I listened and obeyed?
I would be more useful to His children.
 
Do you think I'm that strong?


         © 2011 Stephanie Abney



1 comment:

Heidi L. Murphy said...

Back from the Temple! Here's my what if poem:
https://murph4slaw.blogspot.com/2022/04/national-poetry-month-day-13-what-if.html