Friday, August 5, 2011

Today we have been married FORTY-ONE years!!!


41 years ago, Jim and I were sealed in marriage for "Time and All Eternity" in the Los Angeles Temple. We're still kickin' and loving life. It's been good, bad, wonderful, hard, funny, sad ... you name it, but it has all been worth it and that's what matters. 

Here is a cinquain poem I wrote years ago - still applies: 


Comfort
Feeling secure
Where judgment has no place
Wrapped in the safety of your arms
Husband


Stephanie Abney ~   © 1998



I couldn't hope to "re-cap" 41 years so I posted what has emerged as our "theme song" ~ "Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers. Enjoy - I'll be busy ...

8 comments:

Deb E said...

Congratulations, Stephanie! Dave and I were sealed in the LA temple 20 years ago in May! The best is yet to come! woo! hoo!

Jewel's Gems said...

Congratulations!!! You don't look a day over 29:-)

Donna K. Weaver said...

Happy Anniversary.

Margaret said...

Loved it Stephanie. Happy Happy Anniversary.

Joan Sowards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joan Sowards said...

Happy anniversary, Stephanie. There's nothing like a great relationship! I hope you have many more years together.

That's my deleted message above. I typed happy birthday--sheesh!--Creature of habit.

But it is more uncommon and a very happy occasion to type Happy Anniversary, and 41 years at that! Congratulations!

Lola X said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marilyn Yarbrough said...

Beat you by one year, less a few days. My anniversary is 8/8/68.