Wednesday, April 22, 2015

DAY TWENTY-TWO "Nature Color Poem" for “30 Poems in 30 Days" #NationalPoetryMonth



OK, since today is “Earth Day” and we just practiced couplets yesterday . . .
Today, let's write a Nature Color Poem ~ It's fun and made up of a series of couplets (depending on how long you want it - or even just one couplet if you choose to only do one color).
A “nature color poem” tells about the color of something in nature using rhyme. 

Here are the guidelines
        ~ It’s made up of couplets.
       ~ The first word in each couplet is the color of something in nature.
       ~ The two ending words in each couplet are the words that need to rhyme and both lines should have the same number of syllables or beats.

I’m really tired and out of ideas so my example is BEYOND lame, but I can’t wait to see what you come up with:

Yellow sunshine beckons me,
To come out so I can see.

Blue skies over my head,
I have nothing to dread.

Pink flowers are pretty to smell,
I have a cold, it’s hard to tell.

Green blades of grass seem to call me,
Oh, wait, I've got an allergy.



If you prefer, another poem that lends itself well to “National Earth Day” would be a haiku. Traditionally, they are brief, 17-syllable free verses. The first and third lines contain five syllables and the second line contains seven. Most Haikus are written about nature, making it another perfect poetry form for “Earth Day.”

So, Happy Earth Day and let’s get writing!! Cheers!!

Please remember any poetry found on this blog, written by me, is my personal property and may not be used without my permission. The same goes for any poems that are shared in the comments section of this blog. They are the property of the person who shares them. These poems are their original work and no one may use them in any form without their express permission. It is understood that they own the copyright to it. Thanks!! 

And if you choose to post your poems on your own blog – that’s awesome. But please don’t just copy and paste my daily instructions, but rather post your poem and LINK BACK TO THIS BLOG POST for others to read the instructions. Thanks for respecting my work

3 comments:

Vicki said...

The Glory of Flowers

Purple pansies are so very sweet
They are even sometimes good to eat

Yellow nasturtium are pretty to see
Their color rivals the bumblebee

Poppies that are orange dot the hill
Their color gives me such a thrill

Red hibiscus where I grew up
Make me happy and fill my cup

Blue hydrangea are always breathtaking
Just like a pretty butterfly on the wing

Orchids of green have glory and elegance
Their color will make you want to dance

I glory in the colors that are all around
Our Father has provided for all earthbound

Heidi L. Murphy said...

The dang pictures wouldn't cooperate. Mine are on my blog: http://murph4slaw.blogspot.com/2015/04/in-honor-of-earth-day-ill-do-another.html

Jewelianna said...

White melts into crisp green grass and colorful flowers
I've just never seen it in this desert of ours


brown dirt, gray rock, dull cactus green
vibrant is the desert in spring



I haven't been able to come up with anything cheerful today. Sarcasm is the closest we're going to get. Which isn't really that close.