Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Time Out for Women Comes Full Circle



Early in November I attended the Phoenix "Time Out for Women" hosted by Deseret Book. I was also there on assignment and wrote an article about it for the Deseret News, which AP (Associated Press) picked up and from there KTAR (a local Phoenix station) picked it up and posted it on their website because it was a local event. Pretty cool!!!

Here are the links to my article: Time Out for Women comes full circle ending its 2012 tour in Phoenix where it began 10 years-ago ~ Deseret News, posted Tuesday, Nov. 6th and also in their print edition of the paper on Thursday, Nov 8th, 2012, Section C, Page 5 

And here is KTAR's website link to my article ~ I had a blast!! Fun assignment. Here are some of the pics - there are 11 photos on the Deseret News site, mostly of presenters (and I'm in a few).

    Friday evening Heidi Swinton spoke on "Seeking the Savior." 
     She is an author and screenwriter whose works include the PBS
  documentaries "American Prophet," "Sacred Stone," 
"Sweetwater Rescue,"Trail of Hope" and "America’s Choir." 
          She wrote President Thomas S. Monson's biography, "To the Rescue."
Chris Williams spoke on the power of
forgiveness. He is the author of  "Let it Go." 
While I was there I reconnected with friends I had not seen in awhile. In this case, Linda de Azevedo is someone I had not seen since I left my home ward, Studio City Ward, Burbank Stake (now the North Hollywood California Stake), to go to BYU. She is from Salt Lake City and came to watch her daughter, Julie de Azevedo Hanks, give one of the presentations.






         It's always fun to run into people you 
         know at Time Out for Women - 
         here are two ward member friends, 
         Kelly Merrill and Heather Roche







They brought all of the presenters out on stage the first evening to give a little "blurb" about what they would be speaking and/or singing about. 
        
               (Didn't get a very good pic of it).
Anthony Sweat. Sweat is an author and Church Educational System presenter/educator.
It was a lot of fun and even this ol' brain that's been around for quite awhile got some great ideas to help improve my life. Next year - let's all go... who has a BUS????





1 comment:

Andrea M. said...

Hi Mrs. Abney!

How are you doing!?! I cancelled my Facebook account earlier this year, but decided to start up again.

I wanted to leave a message for you on Facebook, but I couldn't "friend" you. Do you have a different kind of page?

I have a question about writing. My husband has been telling me for years that I need to write something. I have somewhat of a natural gift for it, I guess. So, I was wondering about the writing group you belong to. Is that something that might be able to help me figure out where to start? Or do you have another suggestion for me? Any help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!