Thursday, April 5, 2012

Let's swtich places to an "If I Were" poem

OK, so yesterday we did an "If YOU Were" poem - today, let's switch places and try an "If I Were" poem. It's a pretty easy "fill-in-the blanks" style of poetry that is quite fun. Enjoy!! 
These are simple and fun. Just use your imagination and fill in the blanks:
If I were a __________________,
I’d _____________________ and
I’d _____________________ and
I’d ________________________.
I’d be ______________________.

The possibilities are endless. So, for what it's worth, this is last year's poem - don't be mad at me - busy weekend ahead - we're having a family reunion - so this poem isn't great and I'm NOT going to sign my name to it -  just an EXAMPLE - can't wait to see what you all come up with.

If I were a new little kitten,
I’d drink my mother’s milk and
I’d chase my tail in circles and
I’d purr in your lap while I slept.
I’d be content.

8 comments:

Anna Arnett said...

I don't want to take the time
to write good rhyme today.
Therefore, I'll not procrastinate,
but send this anyway:

If I were a procrastinator
I'd never get things done. And
I'd be an instigator and
I'd have the mostest fun, although
I'd be scolded by everyone.

Anonymous said...

Here's my try as silly as it is. It started out as a Lego and through a "misunderheard" word was changed to Eggo.

If I were a frozen Eggo waffle,
I'd go into the toaster and
I'd get warm and toasty and
I'd butter up to your plate.
I'd be yummy.

Carolyn Twede Frank said...

If I were half an author
I'd write an awesome book
I'd publish it one day
I'd read it on my nook.
I'd be happy.

Thanks for the fun. And thanks for stopping by my blog during the A to Z blog hop too.

Unknown said...

If I were a personal computer,
I'd let you send E-Mail, and
I'd Facebook those you've met, and
I'd help you write a tale.
I'd be Surfing the Net.

Unknown said...

That was me Carol Lynn Rainbolt above.

Erica said...

If I were a mighty wind
I’d blow big waves across the mighty sea and
I’d speed the mighty clouds over all great lands and
I’d move the mighty mountains through eternity.
I’d be the mighty breath who only speaks of thee.

Erica

Vicki said...

If I were a speckled little frog,
I'd be happy living in my bog and I'd hop around all day and
eat fies in the way.
I'd be a happy full speckled little frog.

Heidi L. Murphy said...

If I were a cowpie
I'd be juicy and sweet
I'd grace your green pastures
I'd be a fun treat
I'd be...unwanted!